Friday, December 24, 2010

Vacationing in Anguilla

Keith and I decided to visit Anguilla over our 3 week break.  It is strongly suggested to get off Saba for a mental break, and Anguilla was highly recommended.  Anguilla is a small island like Saba, only 16 square miles (as opposed to Saba's 5 sq. miles) but is known for its beautiful, uncrowded beaches.  It lived up to its reputation.  

 Ahhh . . . finally a beach, and not just one, but 33!  Thirty-three beaches + 85 degree weather = heaven.   This is the beach outside the inn we stayed in.



 

View from Ferry Boat Inn restaurant and St. Maarten in the distance

 This is Shoal Bay and we have the beach all to ourselves - this is considered the high season too!



 
Conch shells everywhere!


 This was our absolute favorite find!  Little Bay is a tad difficult to get to . . . most tourists hire a boat to take them there, but we heard you could climb down.  


 This is the way down . . . not so easy in flip flops and a dress.

 Keith being so helpful by taking my picture

 But so worth the effort

 Again, our own private beach
 The rock in the distance had a rope to climb up so then we could jump off.  We got pictures with our underwater camera so hopefully I can post those as soon as I have them developed.  

The view on the way out


Such a great get away!
(Always wanted to take one of these sappy photos!)

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. wow leslie!! LOOKS AMAZING!! what an amazing place and look how adventerous you guys are! I hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie and Keith,
    We loved your photos.I was surfing in some of the blogs of couples that are living in Saba and found yours.
    My husband was accepted for September 2011, he is going alone for the first Semester, we could not find a house that accepted pets. We also have a toddler, and it's going to be a very emotional 4 months. I see that you have a dog, how hard was for you to find your place? How is life in Saba for you?
    How long have you been there?
    Thank you
    Cheers
    Adriana

    ReplyDelete