Keith and I have been staring at the coconut tree in our backyard for the last few months. Now that we're finally on break, Keith decided to do something about it. Up he goes . . .
Success!
Now for the hard part . . . opening the coconut. Using a piece of scrap metal found in our yard, Keith de-husks the coconut.
Rips enjoying the show
Now that the husk has been removed, its time to pierce the "mouth" of the coconut. Luckily, Keith has done all this before in Samoa. According to Samoan legend, the coconut was a gift to a beautiful princess from an eel who was in love with her. The eel was murdered by the king to protect his daughter and transformed himself into a coconut tree. Every time the princess drinks from the coconut, she is face to face with the eel for all of eternity.
Keith enjoying the fruits of his labor
Yummy
Coconut, banana, and pineapple smoothie
Great way to start off the semester break!









FINALLY! I finally figured out how to leave a comment! :) I love this story and I wish I was having that smoothie right now!
ReplyDeleteImpressive! thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteUsmle Tutor